Monday, October 14, 2019

Editing Lesson Blog, Nike Commercial

     Today is October 14th, 2019. The whole class learning about the editing process of the project and what we needed to do in do in order the keep the cameras safe. The program we will use to edit is Sony Vegas 15. It's going to be my preferred editing software because I've been using Sony Vegas  for almost 2 years. Sony Vegas is the software that editors love to use because it's so easy to work on. I will be using Sony Vegas on my own computer on to do the editing of the Nike commercial now. I must use my own computer all the time because it's the only place where my files will be saved on. An alternate software i will use is Adobe After Effects just in case Sony Vegas is not working properly. Adobe After Effects is the same as Sony Vegas but it's used more by movie producers with more effects being in the software. Either way both software are good for the commercial I will be editing.
     To what I learned today was editing on Pinnacle Studios. Editing on Pinnacle Studios is very similar to editing on Sony Vegas. First, i'll have to insert the micro SD card into my computer to get the raw film footage. The file on the micro SD card could be on two different folders. One folder is called the DCIM folder or the AVCHD folder. Next i'll have to create a folder on my desktop to separate other films from files on my computer. On Sony Vegas, I'll have to double click to open up the program. Then I'll have to go to File/Import/Media and search for my file. After I have imported my file on the software, i can eject my micro SD card on my card. After all of that can i can start editing on my commercial. The actual editing process is cake for me.
    In the Right Panel it has a preview of the film. The bottom has the editing pieces that you'll need to use to complete editing. The bottom part of the software has two layers called the Video and the Audio track. To split from, there's a razor blade tool to cut the video and audio track in half. To separate the video and audio track so it'll have two separate layers is right clicked the track and select "separate." After that you can move each layer's freely without any problems. Transitions are found on the left panel under "plug-ins." You can adjust how fast or slow the transition after you drag and drop the effect. After I finished the the editing processing, I've have to export the file. I'll have to export the file as a MP4 file so I can complete the commercial.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dying of Boredom, Editing Blog

Today is Thursday April 2nd, 2020. Today is just an off day. I woke up at 9. Left the house at 9:40. Took my skateboard with me and skat...