Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Filming Blog II SAD! Music Video


Today is December 4th 2019. Recently we had to make a change of plans. We could not film at my teammates location. This was due to family problems with me.  And since I was the one with the camera, I had to film at my house.  filming at my house was pretty easy. I don't think there was really anything wrong with the filming process. Mostly a lot of stationary shot though. That probably made the film look boring but the editing process makes it better. So we start in a bedroom.

First I have to get the camera stationary and record me laying on the bed. Obviously this was a complicated process because I had to start and stop filming. Continue into the next couple of scenes, I actually included way too many unnecessary shots. Like it was part of you video game type shot. Since I paid way too much attention to details this is why I include way too many shots. Scenes I shot was like me going out of the room, in the hallway then into another room. This made the filling process seemed a lot harder than actually was.  the beginning of the story board that we originally was now changed. This was now a whole different project that we are filming. This is also my chance to be a director in the music video.

When I was finished recording the number of minutes I had was high. I mean high as a skyscraper for a 1 minute and 15 second film. I filmed 11 minutes of raw footage. And it feel like 11 minutes to me because there is also added time to that. At a time such as me walking away from the camera (once a press the button to record) to do my scene then me walking back to the camera to stop it. Obviously I have to do that multiple times. As little as 17 times in minimal. It wasn't really fun to do them but the filling process is what actually creatively done. Well for at least that's what I thought. Editing is where it's at though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dying of Boredom, Editing Blog

Today is Thursday April 2nd, 2020. Today is just an off day. I woke up at 9. Left the house at 9:40. Took my skateboard with me and skat...